LumberJocks

Rectangular Planter Box

  • Advertise with us
Blog series by EdsCustomWoodCrafts updated 03-13-2015 01:43 PM 5 parts 6248 reads 2 comments total

Part 1: The Frame

03-13-2015 12:15 AM by EdsCustomWoodCrafts | 0 comments »

I built a planter last summer and my sister in law asked me to make her one so I did as a favor for babysitting lol…with a few aesthetic differences.. I designed hers with the planter walls constructed with vertical pieces of 6×1 I made mine with horizontal pieces…. ... The frame is constructed of 2×2 wethershield lumber..to be honest the whole pieces is made from Home Depot brand Wethershield lumber Here are a few images of how I planned the project on ...

Read this entry »


Part 2: Planter Base

03-13-2015 12:26 AM by EdsCustomWoodCrafts | 0 comments »

After I constructed the lower frame it was time to screw in the base with appropriate drainage gaps and 5 positioned holes to let water escape…..

Read this entry »


Part 3: Planter Walls

03-13-2015 01:28 PM by EdsCustomWoodCrafts | 0 comments »

The walls are made of 6×1x17” pieces… In order to fix the Tom and bottom frame (2×2) I was talking about in the first post I secured the corner pieces first then built legs to secure the top frame and then pre-drilled the corner pieces and secured them to the top frame as seen below:

Read this entry »


Part 4: Planter Walls cont....

03-13-2015 01:38 PM by EdsCustomWoodCrafts | 0 comments »

So the corner pieces are in place so the rest of the pieces can be screwed in and basically your 2/3 of the way there. I Pre-drilled all the boards using a very very simple marker sytem I basically got a piece of scrap wood and made a “L” and placed it on the top frame and the frame and marked 1.5” from the left and 4” from the left so the screws would be all uniformed especially since I was placing silver screw rings around the screws for decorative appeal and that...

Read this entry »


Part 5: Top Trim

03-13-2015 01:43 PM by EdsCustomWoodCrafts | 2 comments »

I used 4×2 boards to trim the top of the planter box so as to conceal the top frame and screwed them into the frame with 3” screws….sorry everything screw up to this point was 2” ....... I router 4 pieces of trim with a chamfer bit to give it that finishing touch… And that’s basically it job done… All that is left is to lightly sand and buy some castors so it can be mobile cause it’s pretty heavy… And that’s it Ho...

Read this entry »



DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com