LumberJocks

Dice Mallets

  • Advertise with us
Blog series by EarlS updated 08-31-2018 05:25 PM 2 parts 3283 reads 18 comments total

Part 1: Get a handle on it

08-29-2018 12:15 AM by EarlS | 9 comments »

For the 2018 Summer Mallet Swap I made a “dice” mallet which was well received. Since I wasn’t doing much this summer I decided to make a batch of mallets and write a blog detailing the process. These are the original set. The heads were made from African Blackwood, with cherry pips, and accent strips of Bloodwood and Bubinga. One handle is Zircote and the other is Brown Ebony. Since I didn’t expect to make more of these I didn’t keep the scribbles I ...

Read this entry »


Part 2: Heads Up

08-31-2018 05:25 PM by EarlS | 9 comments »

The heads started out as 2×2x12 (African Blackwood), 2×2x18 (Ebony and Yellowheart) and 3×3x12 (Bloodwood, East Indian Rosewood). After cleaning off the wax and squaring things up, the pieces were ripped to 1 7/8” squares. Since the Leigh M&T jig was already set up for the 1/2X1 mortise and tenons all i had to do was mark centers for the mortises that would receive the tenon on the handle. The handle tenons were cut first so hey can be checked for fit witho...

Read this entry »



DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com