LumberJocks

Wheel loader T and J Cat 966

  • Advertise with us
Blog series by Dutchy updated 11-02-2014 01:48 PM 4 parts 12831 reads 11 comments total

Part 1: The wheels of the wheel loader

06-01-2014 03:57 PM by Dutchy | 4 comments »

My wheel loader of T and J is almost ready. ..And now I have to start making the wheels. I don,t like the type T and J has drawn..This is the drawn of T and J:.It looks like:.And this is the type I like:.So I made a ACAD drawing of this wheel type and with sprayglue i put it on a template:.And made a groove with a dremel in the template:.Also made blanks for the wheels:. Next time (when it,s there) I will do the lathe work. After turning I have to do the mill work and hope that it will ...

Read this entry »


Part 2: Lathe work

10-26-2014 06:51 PM by Dutchy | 2 comments »

It is a time ago I started making the wheels for my T and J wheelloader. A long time I didn,t have time to work on it. But last week I restarted. First I drilled a hole in the wheel with a 50 mm (2”) bore and than turned the wheels as you can see on below picture: Now I could turn the wheel 180 degrees and do the other side: Turning work was done and now I had to do some testings for the groves. I made four wheels from oak and one from beech for the testing work. First I ma...

Read this entry »


Part 3: Wheel profile

10-29-2014 08:30 PM by Dutchy | 3 comments »

The grove I wanted in my wheels wasn,t a succes to make. You can see it in Wheel loader T and J 966 #2. I chanced the profile and now it succeed. However the wheels are not the standaard CAT 966 wheels, i,m satisfied with it. On the picture below you can see the wheels: (After I had made the wheels I made some picture,s) On the picture below you can see how I changed the profile: This blanc with one grove (You can also see the first grove I tried) I used as giding to make ...

Read this entry »


Part 4: The end.

11-02-2014 01:48 PM by Dutchy | 2 comments »

Last time my blog was about making the groves. When this was done I would make the sides looking a little more convex, so I put a wheel again on the lathe and startet turning. But also this time it didn,t go as I would like. My gouge came into the wood and damaged the wheel as you can see on the picture below:..I was thinking about making a new one but first I would gif it a try to repair. So I made a putty from a black water stain mixed with PVA glue (50/50) and fill this with oak sanding ...

Read this entry »



DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com