LumberJocks

My Dust Collector Mod #5: Final paint

  • Advertise with us
Blog entry by BrettLuna posted 09-25-2018 07:02 PM 668 reads 0 times favorited 1 comment Add to Favorites Watch
« Part 4: A little paint, a few screws... Part 5 of My Dust Collector Mod series Part 6: Overdue Update - Pretty Much Done »

Finally, some real progress with the tedious finishing process. I put the last coat of paint on the new dust collector chassis:

I abandoned my plan for the cone support. It was proving just too finicky. I’ll come up with another means of securing the barrel/separator.

The “hammered” spray paint (dark bronze, here) was kind of tricky to apply. It likes a moderately heavy and very wet coat to develop the texture, rather than several thin coats as recommended for other sprays. I made that mistake with the caster base, so it came out with more of a fine orange peal texture but that’s okay. I also installed the casters on the base…cuz that’s how I roll.

After the paint fully cures, I’ll mount it to the base and begin installing the electrical accessories.

-- Brett — Peters Creek, Alaska



1 comment so far

View Rayne's profile

Rayne

1216 posts in 2016 days


#1 posted 09-25-2018 11:29 PM

Looks good. The hammered stuff really likes a good primed surface to get the hammered look with less coats. That’s been my experience with the stuff anyways. Looking forward to your next entry.

Have your say...

You must be signed in to post the comments.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com