LumberJocks

TV Stand

  • Advertise with us
Blog series by BlueRidgeDog updated 12-26-2020 05:26 PM 4 parts 2000 reads 6 comments total

Part 1: Frame and panel work

12-14-2020 05:02 PM by BlueRidgeDog | 1 comment »

I need to make a TV stand that also houses your usual TV related gear. I started with a simple layout: There are no shelves as I am going to put glass shelves in. I had a pile of locally sawed cherry that I have been sitting on for years. It was not enough for a kitchen or a dinning set, but it would work for this. I love local wood. Full of character, flaws that you can build on and a natural sense to the wood. It cleaned up nice: I milled out rail and stile blank...

Read this entry »


Part 2: Dry Fit

12-18-2020 12:02 PM by BlueRidgeDog | 3 comments »

The Book-match panels got one coat of seal-a-cell and then three coats of armor-seal. Dominoes were cut to join the legs to the panels. The parts were dry fit to mark the locations for the dominoes the front stretcher (that I am not certain is essential for the build, as I could affix the top in such a way that it becomes the structure for that part). I need to glue up the side leg/panel assemblies, then drill for holes for the pins to hold the glass shelves before joining them with ...

Read this entry »


Part 3: Glue Up and the Top from heck

12-20-2020 09:42 PM by BlueRidgeDog | 2 comments »

So I glued up the carcass. It was uneventful. Before glue up I cut holes in the back for wires and punched the mounting holes for the glass shelf holders. I then machined out some wood for the top and cut alignment biscuits in the boards for the glue up. I used hide glue as I find that is a great fit with dominoes. I must have had something on the bench that threw my biscuit cutter out of level as when the top came together it was very misaligned. I quickly took it out of the ...

Read this entry »


Part 4: Done except for install

12-26-2020 05:26 PM by BlueRidgeDog | 0 comments »

Armor Seal after ceal-a-cell, with sanding after each coat. Shelves fitted. Top installed with figure 8 bolts. I had to go out and get shorter #8 wood screws as I thinned the top out a bit due to having to hand plane. Done. I will post in project when I get it installed. Though not one of my more complex pieces, of of my better as the weights and proportions really work (to me). The union of rough character rich cherry and glass creates an interesting vibe. It was great to find a ...

Read this entry »



DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com