Stairhousing or stair-housing

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by jcalamity posted 11-03-2008 03:45 PM 935 views 0 times favorited 3 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View jcalamity's profile


5 posts in 3874 days

11-03-2008 03:45 PM

Hi there,

Can anyone explain to me what “stair-housing” is?

Much appreciated!!


3 replies so far

View John Gray's profile

John Gray

2370 posts in 4150 days

#1 posted 11-03-2008 06:06 PM

I would if I knew. ;-)

-- Only the Shadow knows....................

View fredf's profile


495 posts in 3975 days

#2 posted 11-03-2008 06:28 PM

I don’t know either Stairhousing bits but it appears to deal with cutting the grooves in the sides of stairs (stringers?) to accept the treads and risers. possibly British usage???

-- Fred, Springfield, Ma

View Steelmum's profile


355 posts in 4227 days

#3 posted 11-03-2008 10:42 PM

A stair housing is for completely closed stringers. The stringers are routed out to accept the risers and steps.

-- Berta in NC

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics