Yates American Model 2082 Table saw

  • Advertise with us

« back to Woodworking Trade & Swap forum

Forum topic by barb56 posted 01-17-2019 06:36 PM 295 views 0 times favorited 2 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View barb56's profile


2 posts in 32 days

01-17-2019 06:36 PM

I have a Yates Model #2082 Table Saw that was given to me by my Uncle. Looking for the rubber Idler that turns the sander and the nut that holds on the saw blade. Does anyone know where I might be able to find these?

2 replies so far

View Richard Lee's profile

Richard Lee

219 posts in 1043 days

#1 posted 01-17-2019 06:53 PM

Maybe post here , good luck.

View MrUnix's profile


7180 posts in 2467 days

#2 posted 01-17-2019 07:00 PM
Maybe post here , good luck.
- Richard Lee

IIRC, you can only get to the above link if you are a member (unless they have changed things since I last checked). It’s the BOYD section over at OWWM. And yes, if you are going to find an OEM part for that machine, it is probably your best chance.

However.. a rubber wheel and a nut can probably be sourced from a few non-woodworking machinery places. Get the size of the nut you need and check Fastenal, Graingers, McMaster Carr, etc… and depending on the idler, you may be able to find a suitable replacement, or it might be possible to re-cover it – either DIY, or by sending it to someplace like Western Roller.

With these old machines, you sometimes have to get creative :)


-- Brad in FL - In Dog I trust... everything else is questionable

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics