Renovoparts.com DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!!!!

Review by penturner2 posted 01-20-2019 03:45 PM 1162 views 0 times favorited 15 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Renovoparts.com DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!!!! No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I made the mistake of ordering a replacement switch for my old Delta 42” lathe 46-715 from Renovoparts.com on 11.25.18. They took my order & money but refuse to get the part to me. To date they still haven’t even placed the order. I have called every Friday to inquire (they never answer emails). Each time I got a different excuse. The part number I ordered has been replaced but their site showed them in in stock. I spoke to the owner several times (big mistake) he is very unprofessional (and I’m a Veteran it takes a lot to offend me). he blamed everyone else for the issue….ME, Delta, part out of stock (Delta has 250 of them in stock) etc. I was scolded, interrupted, insulted, blamed & cursed by the owner James Austin. All I want is the part I paid for.
The owner claimed that the replacement part cost him .25 cents more than I paid on his website. So I called Delta directly and explained the situation. Delta had the part to me in 4 days from Spartanburg SC. It arrived on Dec 24 2018. (during the Christmas shipping season)
BTW the switch from Delta was 10 dollars cheaper too. I really tried to work with Renovoparts.com to no avail. *I would not order from them again ever! AVOID THIS COMPANY LIKE THE PLAGUE!!
Today I requested the owner cancel the order & refund my money. let’s see what happens???

Please let your woodworking friends know. no one who enjoys woodworking needs to be treated like this. We do woodworking for a creative outlet and relaxation.

View Wildwood's profile

Wildwood

#1 posted 01-20-2019 04:41 PM

Think these folks are being unreasonable, would check with folks bought the money order from:

Since already receive part from Delta would bring any paper work or part from them with you! Also copies of your e-mails.

Thanks for the heads up on these folks!

-- Bill

View lew's profile

lew

#2 posted 01-20-2019 09:45 PM

I just received 2 parts for the same lathe (spring and clip) from them with no problems.

As for the switch, I’ve had 2 go bad and finally just went to Lowe’s and bought a standard DPST light switch. It works great. However, I had to forego the “paddle off” option.

-- Lew- Time traveler. Purveyor of the Universe's finest custom rolling pins.

#3 posted 01-20-2019 10:16 PM

You can call Delta in Spartanburg SC if you want the paddle functionality back. The new switch comes with a lock out feature too. Ill get the phone and part number if you want (I still have the packing slip). Delta sells the same part for 10.88 if I remember correctly.
It was not the functionality I could have straight wired it or used a floor switch.
Jim Austin & his staff were so obnoxious and apathetic I did not want any other wood worker to go thru that. We are a dying breed. I have worked a service job for longer than I want to admit. It was easily the worst customer service I have ever had. Worse than the DMV.

View CaptainKlutz's profile (online now)

CaptainKlutz

#4 posted 01-20-2019 10:27 PM

Sorry to read this? Have received 2 different orders during 2018 from folks at

No problems ordering or getting parts. Both my parts were in stock, shipped day after ordering, and were correct.

I tend to be vary careful giving people online my money.
When I looked up Renovo parts; learned they are folks that bought a lot of the Delta (and other mfg) ‘excess’ parts inventory sold by B&D after they purchased Delta (to help pay down debt of purchase). The B&D purchase of Delta has made parts for older tools very hard to find.
My only suggestion would be only purchase parts from Renovo that are listed as ‘in stock’ to be safest?
I would never order a part that where the source has to go buy it before they can ship it.

Let’s be honest, there is nothing magical about getting replacement parts for tools made in Asia. All it takes a concerted effort finding original mfg, or a clone mfg. Since most all wood working tools produced in Asia from ~1960-1990 are made by a hand full of Taiwanese companies, this becomes even easier to source parts.

The current B&D parts staff (Delta) are finding ‘new’ sources for popular parts as I type this; call them and ask if you don’t believe me.

You can try it yourself, give Alibaba (fleabay+facebook of china) a look. You can find most any electric component you want, even old switches for a lathe or table saw. Just plan on spending a couple days searching and communicating via email to make the deal (unless you speak Mandarin or Cantonese?).

Best Luck in your part search.

-- I'm an engineer not a woodworker, but I can randomly find useful tools and furniture inside a pile of lumber!

View lew's profile

lew

#5 posted 01-20-2019 10:36 PM

Thanks for offer. I’ve gotten used to the switch. I think the original switch design was part of the problem. The paddle seemed to apply uneven pressure on the switch mechanism causing the internal moving parts to misalign and fail.

Now if I could just find a source for the Reeve’s drive pulleys!

-- Lew- Time traveler. Purveyor of the Universe's finest custom rolling pins.

View Charlie Kilian's profile

Charlie Kilian

#6 posted 01-21-2019 04:25 AM

I placed an order with them and never heard anything from them. Sent a request a few times, but only got silence from them. I suspect they list things as “in stock” even when they don’t have them.

#7 posted 01-21-2019 12:52 PM

Same here, I ordered the part listed there was zero mention of the part being obsolete or out of stock on their website. When I brought this up I was blasted by the owner verbally that he had thousands of parts and could not keep up with all of them….
Additionally they never responded to any emails. I had no choice but to call.

View Sawdustonmyshoulder's profile

Sawdustonmyshoulder

#8 posted 01-21-2019 09:22 PM

Additionally they never responded to any emails. I had no choice but to call.

- penturner2

WOW!!!! If the owner / business can’t keep up with the stock…. What the hay is he doing in the parts business to begin with?

-- The more skilled you are at something, the worse you are at it when someone is watching.

View woodsmithshop's profile

woodsmithshop

#9 posted 01-29-2019 01:42 PM

Sounds like a problem I had a few years ago with a company that I placed an order with, I never did get the item I had ordered or my money back, it turned out the company had filed bankruptcy. Now they seem to be thriving, I won’t be placing any orders with them though.

-- Smitty!!!

View bigblockyeti's profile

bigblockyeti

5400 posts in 1985 days

#10 posted 01-29-2019 04:40 PM

Smitty, call them and see if you can get your stuff or your money back now that they’re solvent again. If not, let everyone here know who they are and the details of your situation so we can all collectively avoid them.

-- "Lack of effort will result in failure with amazing predictability" - Me

#11 posted 01-29-2019 07:32 PM

I never expected over night or Amazon/Walmart quality shipping and tracking. I did expect them to at least make an effort to order my part within 6 weeks. And not berate me over the phone for their obvious error/oversight. I make mistakes too.
After having the owner chew me out 3 times & hang up on me….

View Oldtool's profile

Oldtool

#12 posted 02-02-2019 02:13 PM

I just looked up their website, got their address under “About us”, and did a web search. There I did a street view, which shows an almost empty store front.

This is not a viable source of products, this is simply an order taking location, where they then order from another source to fulfill the order. No stock, practically no personnel, if any, and their success as a middle man rests soley on the response of actual stocking sources.

In your case, I suspect they relayed your order, and it got lost or was really out of stock elsewhere, and may have been cancelled by others.

Be careful with whom you do business, even this company’s website indicates a lack of professionalism or a well established business. What would worry me most is the fact that they have your credit card information and their security my be sadly lacking, if they have any security at all.

-- "I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The point is to bring them the real facts." - Abraham Lincoln

View ChuckV's profile

ChuckV

#13 posted 02-02-2019 07:39 PM

Have you contacted your credit card company about getting the charge reversed?

-- “Big man, pig man, ha ha, charade you are.” ― R. Waters

View ChuckV's profile

ChuckV

#14 posted 02-02-2019 07:46 PM

Here are some comments on Sawmill Creek from three years ago that sound familiar:

-- “Big man, pig man, ha ha, charade you are.” ― R. Waters

#15 posted 02-04-2019 03:36 PM

Yes I called my Credit card immediately after hanging up with Renovo.
I contested the charge, I should hear back soon. The only reason I ordered from them was it was not “out of stock” or “backordered” on the website….